What We Do
“Alberta Tomorrow gives my students real life exposure to real life decisions…all at their fingertips. Thank you for enriching my students learning environment.” – Stephanie Bennett, Biology Teacher
www.albertatomorrow.ca is a free, on-line GIS educational tool: a land-use simulator that helps users understand the complexities of land-use planning that balances the environment and economy.
Using Alberta Tomorrow, you can:
- View videos and discover the potential benefits and impacts of different land-uses and land-use practices in Alberta
- Improve your understanding of Alberta’ ecosystems and environmental resources
- See what’s happened in your area in the last century, and see what it might look like 30 years from now
- Develop your own plan for Alberta’s future
- Track and share water quality and land-use observations with other classes throughout Alberta
- Create and submit reports with project findings
Alberta Tomorrow is critically reviewed and bias neutral. Our Board of Directors is comprised of representatives of industry, education, non-profits and government. The application is:
- peer reviewed by qualified scientists,
- endorsed by environmentally focused non-profit organizations, industry and government, and
- teacher tested!
LEARNINGS | We’ve heard from students that they care for Alberta’s environment more now that they understand exactly what’s happening in the province. Alberta Tomorrow has helped change the thinking of Alberta students, the decision makers of tomorrow!