What We Do
The ALS Society of Alberta is dedicated to making each day the best possible day for people living with and affected by Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
The number one priority for the ALS Society of Alberta is to ensure that each ALS client’s needs are being met. The Society relies heavily on its donors and volunteers in order to provide the best possible support and care for ALS clients in Alberta. From community events and ALS WALK fundraisers across the province, to providing care and eqiuptment for those living with and affected by ALS, the accomplishments of the ALS Society of Alberta are due to the tremendous amounts of support received throughout the community.
100% of ALS client requests were met in 2015 thanks to donor and volunteer support, including;
- 361 clients supported in Alberta
- 1,644 pieces of equipment were provided
- 95 support groups held for clients, caregivers, families and children across the province
- 47 families supported through the Support for Champions Program
- 1,780 home visits were conducted
The ALS Society of Alberta graciously appreciates ongoing donor and volunteer support in order to continue meeting 100% of client requests and to make each day the best possible day for those living with and affected by ALS.