What We Do
We unite professionals, volunteers and caregivers throughout Alberta to provide personalized rehabilitation and community integration.
We believe that every client and every family deserves to have hope for the future. Our expertise and experience has shown us that survivors can regain lost abilities, increase independence and reconnect with their communities. With appropriate rehabilitation, significant improvements can happen even years following an injury.
MISSION | ARBI transforms the lives of individuals with acquired brain injury through rehabilitation and community integration.
VISION | Everyone with a brain injury lives the best life possible.
- For the 12 months – 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 – ARBI saw a 25% growth to 125 in the TOTAL number of clients we served. From April 2016 to December 2016 alone we have served 130 clients – thus in nine months we have exceeded clients served the previous 12 months.
- Supporting our clients during – from April 2016 to December 2016 – ARBI had 191 volunteers who logged 9,804 total hours – this included 8,677 direct client care hours. We are well on our way of exceeding our previous 12 month totals of 10,265 hours. More than 75% of our frontline volunteers are post-secondary students and practicum students who come from a myriad of faculties and departments, including Education, Social Work, Psychology, Kinesiology and Community Rehabilitation and Disabilities Studies
- Our social worker and psychologist provided support to 35 families coping with a variety of challenges including addictions, mental health issues, legal matters, financial problems, caregiver burnout and housing needs.
OUR BELIEFS AND VALUES:
- Quality of Life – All individuals deserve to live their best possible life and should be active community participants.
- Hope – We believe that every client and every family deserves to have hope for the future.
- Teamwork – Our positive culture values the teamwork amongst clients, volunteers and staff.
- Trust – Our staff and volunteers are caring, and they help clients reach their goals in an atmosphere of integrity and trust.
- Dignity and Respect – We treat each client with respect and dignity at all times.
- Diversity – We embrace diversity in our clients, volunteers and staff; we believe our differences bring us closer together.
- Advocacy – We advocate for our clients and their families to help make life better.