What We Do
We help children and youth discover and achieve their dreams and grow up to be healthy, successful and active participants in society. Here are some of our accomplishments:
- We support 1180 children and youth (933 families) each year and are growing!
- We serve 74,600 healthy nutritious snacks annually
- We connect 100 volunteers with opportunities to be involved
- We provide emergency support to homeless youth or youth at risk of being homeless
- Care for children is both licensed and accredited as part of our commitment to quality childhood development
- Our day home agency oversees 25 local day homes and is expanding up to 40
Our core values:
- Inclusion and opportunity
- Respect and belonging
- Speaking out
Testimonial for Boys and Girls Club of Cochrane – from Excel Homes:
“The Boys and Girls Club of Cochrane and area plays a vital role in helping to build a strong and healthy community. The Club provides the opportunity and resources for our youth to make positive choices in their lives and become role models for others. When the Club showed us how much they do already from their cramped and tiny kitchen and how much more they could do with a new kitchen, we were excited to get involved. It’s our opportunity to make a lasting contribution”.
– Jeff Smyth, Senior Vice President and Group Chief Financial Officer at Excel Homes.