Why We Exist
BB4CK exists because we believe that everyone has the power and the responsibility to take meaningful action that improves their community. This action could be large or small – holding a door open, cooking food for a neighbouring family, making a large donation or time commitment, and so many others. Any of these are opportunities to make an impact and build a stronger community. Every meaningful action makes a difference.
We engage with the community to provide lunch for kids in Calgary who would otherwise go without. We believe that engaging in this meaningful action has many positive impacts:
- Providing food to more than 3,800 kids daily who would otherwise not have lunch, providing an opportunity for physical health, participation in school and social activities and growing confidence
- Empowering volunteers, community groups and supporters who are passionate about the problem of childhood hunger to take action and make a difference
- Ensuring kids who are without lunch know that their community cares for them and will support them
- Building a sense of community among individuals who work together to solve problems, often leading them to solve other problems in their community
- Informing people who aren’t aware about issues of childhood hunger and giving them an opportunity to take action, often leading them to take action on other issues as well
This is our focus, and the reason we exist.