What We Do
Calgary Centre for Global Community provides education, engagement and research opportunities to enhance and expand Calgarians’ capacity for responsible, well-informed, effective global citizenship. Our work recognizes the interconnectedness of local and global issues and their impact on the well-being of our communities.
- We also act as the umbrella organization for Humainologie, an international, multi-media production house, and The Code, a Calgary-based social enterprise initiative launching later in 2016.
Calgary Centre for Global Community aspires to build a grassroots movement of people and civil society organizations who are capable of bringing about extraordinary positive change through informed and sustained civic engagement.
- All of us are citizens of the world. We are all interconnected and cooperation is vital to create a future in which we can all thrive.
- Working together with the support of our communities, each of us is capable of bringing about extraordinary social transformation.
- Transformation of the human condition, both at the individual and collective levels, is possible through the practice of courage, compassion, generosity, optimism, respect, and justice.
- Learning is a primary engine of human progress.
- The wellbeing of our shared ecosystem needs to be a priority in all aspects of environmental, social/cultural, economic and political practices.
- Protection of human rights is inseparable from recognizing our human responsibilities.
- Justice and respect for pluralism are the foundations of peace.