What You Can Do
Here are ways in which you can make an impact with Between Friends:
ADVENTURERS AND ADULT PROGRAMMING: $200,000
Your investment in Adventurers and Adult Programming will enable participants to:
- Expand their skills and interests in outdoor adventure activities through day trips, and overnight and week-long adventures.
- Develop confidence to undertake activities and experiences without fear of failure.
- Interact in a safe and secure environment.
- Have positive social interactions with peers and staff.
- Learn new skills related to adventure activities and leisure travel pursuits, such as: preparing food, learning to work with others, and managing time and money.
COMMUNITY INCLUSION: $50,000
Your investment in Community Inclusion will enable those who take part to:
- Be introduced to healthy lifestyle activities and undertake new activities and experiences.
- Have positive social interactions with peers.
- Be aware of their skills and interests in activities and experiences.
BETWEEN FRIENDS I.C.A.N!: $40,000
- Every donation of $1,000 will enable one member to take part in an action-packed camp for one month.
JUNIOR LEADER PROGRAM: $10,000
Your investment in the Junior Leader Program will enable the next generation of knowledgeable, skilled youth to:
- Take part in three weeks of creative inventive/dynamic camp programs.
- Increase their disability awareness, serious illness education, and special needs adaptive training.
- Acquire first-aid/CPR certification.
- Acquire Outdoor Council of Canada Leadership 1 (Hiking) certification.
- Take part in leadership skills training.
BETWEEN FRIENDS W.E.S.O.A.R!: $150,000
W.E.S.O.A.R! Programs (Weekend & Evening Social Opportunities, Activities & Recreation) are social and recreational group activities geared towards people with disabilities of all ages. Participants are grouped based on their age, and activities are planned to ﬁt their interests. The activities can be either indoor or outdoor and include: bowling, swimming, dancing, music therapy, movie nights, and much more. Between Friends W.E.S.O.A.R! programs operate year-round in four sessions: winter, spring, summer, and fall.
VOLUNTEER IN TRAINING PROGRAM: $10,000
The Between Friends Volunteer in Training Program (VIT) was developed to give youth (16+) & adults with disabilities the skills and confidence they need to become successful and independent volunteers in their communities. Many of the Volunteers in Training (VITs) that have utilized the program have been past Between Friends members who aspired to become a volunteer and work with children with disabilities. Training is offered over the course of eight weeks (July & August) at Between Friends Camp Bonaventure as well as in the winter, spring and fall sessions of our year round W.E.S.O.A.R! programs.
LEGACY GIVING | ESTATE GIFT
Plan a gift. Ensure future generations of Between Friends participants have a place to belong, through a bequest, gift of insurance, securities or other planned gift. https://betweenfriends.ab.ca/legacy-giving/
We are looking for board members or committee members in the areas of fund development, communications, finance and governance. There are many opportunities to volunteer through our weekly evening and weekend programs, or for our summer camps. https://betweenfriends.ab.ca/volunteer/