Carewest is currently focused on raising funds for several different programs and projects, including services to enhance the quality of life for our residents and clients. Quality of Life programming refers to activities, technology and mobility supports that contribute to the enjoyment of living, social engagement and well-being of Carewest residents and clients.
– Community outings (bus outings, sporting events, plays, trips to the Legion, church group visits);
– Music therapy and other recreation/leisure based programs such as woodworking, art therapy, ceramics, horticulture therapy, and others;
– Technology (computers, computer labs, adaptive aids, augmentative communication devices);
– Personal well-being (regular hair cuts / styling, make-up application, manicures);
– Mobility (electric beds, wheelchairs, transportation).
Donors play a significant role in supporting needs for vital equipment, as well as less tangible needs. A comfortable environment, a special meal or a sense of joy – can also be gratefully attained through donations.