Chrysalis: An Alberta Society for Citizens with Disabilities

Chrysalis believes it is essential that individuals with disabilities are valued members of the community. We have created numerous inclusive partnerships in Edmonton and Calgary (and surrounding areas) for our service individuals to become gainfully employed and full participants in a variety of activities.

We currently serve 290 individuals between the Edmonton and Calgary sites – with 65 individuals in Calgary and 225 individuals in Edmonton. We use a Human-Centered Design process to design solutions, services or products with people rather than for them, regardless of their differing abilities. This framework ensures the human perspective is accounted for and allows us all to truly understand the person as a whole, and find opportunities for them to achieve a better and more fulfilling quality of life.

Chrysalis Calgary Statistics (as of June 2019):
– We serve 65 individuals
– We have 47 community sites, 39 volunteer sites and 8 employment sites
– 89% of our individuals are involved in inclusive community activities
– 100% of our individuals report inclusion
– 92% of our individuals volunteer in the communities
– 26% of our individuals are in supported employment opportunitiesChrysalis provides high quality on-site and community-based programs. Here’s the overview on our Calgary programs for the individuals we serve.

On-Site Signature Programs:

– Active Leisure Centre – onsite fitness facility providing individualized fitness training
– Chrysalis Cooks Program – ie. budgeting, grocery shopping, meal planning, food preparation and cooking
– Computer Program – ie. Success Maker, reading and writing
– Creative arts program: ie. drawing, painting, photography, multi-media
– Crafts program
– Music Program – music movement, music appreciation, singing and dancing, music therapy
– Snoezelen Room – a multi-sensory environment to deliver stimuli to various senses
– Training Program – ie. back care & lifting, WHMIS, fire extinguisher training, self-advocacy course

Community-Based Programs

– Yoga
– Dance
– Sports
– Painting & drawing
– Theatre performanceHow Can You Get Involved?

Here are some of the ways you can support Chrysalis. You’re also welcome to contact us to discuss an opportunity and partnership with us.


  • As a Board Member – Consider a meaningful volunteer opportunity that helps make a positive difference in the lives of others. Join the Board of Directors and help us make community inclusion a reality.
  • At an upcoming event – like the:
    + Oct. 4, 2019 – Calgary Art Show featuring works of heart from our Chrysalis artists
    + Spring 2021 – Casino Fundraiser (date to be confirmed)


  • Fundraisers – Attend or give at our upcoming fundraisers
  • Purchase products from our Chrysalis Woods & Plastics division:
  • Donate online by clicking “Donate” button below


  • Art Appreciation & Education – If you have passes or connections to local art venues, local cultural events or entertainment attractions for the individuals we serve to tour – ie. Fort Calgary, Telus Spark Centre, Glenbow Museum, Stampeders or Flames Games, etc.
  • Artists – If you are an artist, please send us information about local studios that are either run by you or that you attend, that may be of interest to our clients.
  • Purchase art from our Chrysalis artists at an upcoming event:
    Oct. 4, 2019 – Calgary Art Show, where our artists receive 70 per cent of the sale and the other 30 per cent goes back to Chrysalis for purchasing more art supplies
  • Music, Dance & Drama – If you know of music, dance or drama programs where our individuals could further expand their performing arts repertoire please send us with a contact name, number or email address.
  • Chefs & Dietitians – If you are interested in sharing your culinary expertise with our individuals in the Chrysalis Cooks cooking program, then please send us an email.
  • Qualified Trades – If you are interested in assisting in donating your expertise please send us an email.

Are you a Calgary Foundation Fundholder?

Contact Info

Operations Manager of Calgary Services

Kendra Warwick



More Info

108200049 RR0001

Visit our Website