Since 1976, Enviros has been offering critical services to Alberta’s most vulnerable children, youth, adults and families. We work with clients who have various needs but a number of things in common: trauma, addictions, abuse and neglect. We currently operate live-in and community programs that help clients deal with the consequences of these so they can move towards living healthy, independent lives:
From our start in 1976, when a group of social workers and youth embarked on a 9-month wilderness journey and built the Base Camp wilderness addiction treatment facility in the Ghost Wilderness area, we have grown into a comprehensive social services agency. What began as adventure-therapy in the wilderness has broadened in scope to the full range of experiential learning activities that can be found in all of our live-in and community programs. This includes our hallmark wilderness programming and outdoor activities, as well as intentionally-planned urban experiences that provide opportunities for personal growth.
“The Shunda Creek program changed the way I look at life and opened my eyes to the potential I never knew I had.” [Enviros Client]
“The highlight of living at Passages while my parents get better is the outings, going to wilderness settings, and being in nature.” [Enviros Client]
We make a difference every day to the lives of the vulnerable children, youth, adults and families who we work with. Many have no other options by the time they are put in contact with us or under our care. Here are some numbers from 2018/19:
Clients by area of service
Indigenous clients – 35.5%
Children and youth in permanent homes at program completion
Enviros programs offer a broad spectrum of services that provide support for the following:
Enviros is intentional about where we are going when it comes to the services we provide our clients. Individualized plans with our clients focus on three key areas:
1) Environment: Enviros uses a variety of environmental settings that support motivation and change. We apply this to all our work, whether it’s with climbing ropes in the playground, hiking or paddling in the wilderness or tending community gardens at group homes.
2) Relationships: Our professionals have the expertise, experience, commitment and knowledge to know how to get the right result -building a unique level of respect, trust and understanding that is highly constructive to success.
3) Empowerment: People are more committed to making change when they help set goals and are part of the solution. At Enviros, we don’t tell people how to change; we show them how to create the change they desire.
Enviros programs fall under four umbrellas:
1) Wilderness Addiction Treatment
2) Open Custody for Young Offenders
3) Child & Youth Live-In Programs
4) Child, Youth & Adult Community Programs
5) Young Adult Homeless Programs
DONATE: Your support enables Enviros to enhance the quality of family life right here in Alberta. Enviros is grateful to those within our community who financially support the work we do. Donate today!
PARTICIPATE: Golf in the Jann Arden Charity Golf Tournament in Support of Enviros, our signature fundraising event that is being held at Silvertip in Canmore on July 23, 2021. Register now!
WORK: Enviros emphasizes growth, promoting social responsibility through personal action, interaction and accountability for our clients as well as our employees. Join the team!
FOSTER PARENT: As a foster parent, you will be providing a substitute family life experience for a child. It is an opportunity to be involved in the life of a child who needs special care. Please contact us for more information at: [email protected]
Manager of Marketing, Communications & Fund Development
Charity Number: #129214409RR0001Visit our Website