· More than 2,000,000 students reached since 2002
· More than 20,000 students reached in Calgary in 2021-2022
· Over 185,000 students reached in Canada during the 2021-22 school year, including almost 20% of elementary students studying in Indigenous communities.
· Efficacy of resources validated by randomized control trials: https://jumpmath.org/jump/en/research
· Since 2010: Listed on Charity Intelligence’s annual Top Charity list
· Many national and international awards received by JUMP Math, Founder Dr. John Mighton and staff
A randomized-controlled study led by researchers at Sick Kids Hospital, OISE and University of Toronto found that students taught using JUMP Math progressed twice as fast as students taught using one of Canada’s two most widely used math programs.
JUMP Math’s National Book Fund data reveals significant student gains for the seventh year in a row. Below are the 2017-2018 highlights:
· On average, math achievement of students grew at 2.8 times the rate of the WRAT-4 standardization sample
· The number of students scoring ‘average’ or above increased from 50% in the fall to 69% in the spring
 For more information, please visit: https://jumpmath.org/jump/en/research
 Based on a total of 240 students in grades 4 to 7 who completed the math computation subtest of the WRAT-4 in the fall and spring of the 2017-2018 school year. JUMP Math’s innovative approach, structured inquiry, draws on the latest cognitive research to provide a unique combination of depth, careful scaffolding and continuous assessment. We offer curriculum-aligned teacher and student resources for Kindergarten to Grade 8, as well as professional development (PD) and support to help teachers reach and teach all students.
JUMP Math’s approach builds confidence and excitement by ensuring that each step is only incrementally more difficult than the previous step. No student is left behind – all students are engaged in lessons. We emphasize continuous assessment to allow teachers to spot and correct potential problems in the moment. In a JUMP Math classroom, students find their potential as learners and members of a cohesive group, succeeding by cooperating to defeat problems, rather than each other.
JUMP Math is a key partner in Math Minds, a seven-year partnership involving the University of Calgary, Calgary Catholic School District, Golden Hills School Division; sponsored by Suncor Energy Foundation. The Math Minds team has developed a set of strategies for developing master math teachers, in partnership with JUMP Math’s well-structured resources. Math Minds strategies are being incorporated into teacher education programs and enhancements of JUMP Math resources and digital lessons. Early results data from this partnership demonstrate sustained improvement in student confidence, enjoyment of math, and achievement, particularly in conceptual understanding and problem-solving. This points to a promising shift in math education in Alberta and beyond.
JUMP Math is a charity dedicated to enabling students to reach their full potential. We rely on our donors to make a lasting impact on the lives of students and equip them for a successful future. Together, we support students to gain the foundational math and problem-solving skills, confidence and resilience to pursue post-secondary education and thrive.
We are always pleased to share more about JUMP Math and collaborate with partners interested in improving children’s lives in Calgary, Alberta, and beyond.
Please reach out to us to discuss how you can engage with JUMP Math!
Claudia De Simone
CRN 864326814 RR0001Visit our Website