Why We Exist
In October 2017. March of Dimes Canada held a two-week pilot of the Calgary LIFE program to assist Calgary youth with physical disabilities to develop life skills for an independent life. Here are some of the responses from the program’s participants.
- “It allowed me to go to places that I’ve never been before. It’s a great program for developing socially.” – Megan
- “I don’t usually get to go to these kinds of places since I don’t really have other people I can go with” – Chantal regarding the Studio Bell outing
- “I was nervous before I got here but now I’m really glad I came. I like this program and I’m excited to go to the zoo.” – Daulton
- “This program makes me wish I lived in Calgary. I love it. I don’t want to go back to my other program.” – Megan regarding the LIFE program (she lives outside of Calgary)
- “When will we know if the full LIFE program comes to Calgary?” – Chantal (she has asked a few times by now about the full LIFE Calgary program)
- “It’s the end of the program. So sad.” – Jasmine
Based on the success of the pilot, in Fall 2018, we held a full 10-week LIFE session in Calgary, with plans to hold two more in 2019.