We serve youth who are:
- Ages 12-18 in Calgary and surrounding areas,
- Looking for connection,
- Wanting more experience, and,
- Wanting to make a difference.
Youth Central empowers youth to find and build their communities. We offer:
- A safe space for youth,
- Group based volunteering,
- Leadership opportunities,
- Vital skill development, and,
- Connection to like-minded people and local organizations.
Charities across Canada are experiencing a volunteer shortage. This problem is impacting some local organizations right here in Calgary. But at Youth Central, we have more volunteers than ever. With over 1,500 youth volunteers registered, we need more funding to meet the rising demand for programs while remaining accessible and free for all youth. This helps youth and it helps organizations in Calgary who need volunteer power.
Youth Central’s year-end giving campaign is meant to help meet this demand for impactful programs. Our founder and former Executive Director, Penny Hume, has generously offered to match all donations made between now and December 31, 2023, up to $5,000. With gratitude, we are thrilled to share that a an alumni has also offered to match all year-end gifts, up to another $5,000, meaning your donation will go even further. Will you help us by making a gift today?
Thanks to the matches, you can triple your personal impact! Please join us and give generously to help us reach our $10,000 goal for our year-end campaign.
Youth choose us because we are accessible, inclusive, and relevant. Their perspectives and opinions matter to us. Everything we do is informed by youth.
- “I was ecstatic when my goddaughter wanted to volunteer in the community. A quick search revealed that Youth Central was recruiting volunteers in Calgary. In a short span of time, she’s made a big difference and I have watched her grow personally and professionally. She has met other like minded youth through this organization. Importantly, she has learned the importance of equity, diversity and inclusion by working with people from different walks of life.” – Guardian
- “I just wanted to thank all of you for helping make this year with Youth Central another great one! I’m always so grateful that I can come to any project and feel like I’m talking to a friend!” – Youth volunteer
- “I loved the opportunity to work on a project that entirely surrounded youth. Getting to empower other youth in Calgary to prompt change was so rewarding!” – Youth Volunteer
- “I am the parent of a youth who struggles with addictions. I spoke to my son about volunteering with Youth Central as a way to give back to the community. My son has had the opportunity to volunteer with Youth Central which has allowed him to contribute and make a difference towards many causes and organizations such as Alzheimer Society of Calgary and Calgary Drop-In Centre. Over the course of a few months, I noticed he has become more engaging, empathetic and caring. It has also provided him an alternative way to cope. I am grateful that he has had this opportunity to give back to his community in a very meaningful way.” Guardian